Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Oh wherrrreee is my hairbrush ? ♫♪

HAIR ! Yes , hair . A four letter word , yes I know . But did you also know , its also my passion ? ♥ I have been doing hair since I was about 8 years old . I do everything from cutting , to dying , perming ( relaxing , not texture perms ) , styling , braiding , and I'm learning extension and weaving . I am intrigued by everything about doing hair . Long hair , short hair , all hair . I've even worked with a couple people to get their hair healthy again .

My long term goal is to eventually own my very own hair salon , get big and well known . More short term , I am just focused on getting graduated from high school . I had determined I wanted my own salon , at a young age , in 7th grade . I knew I wanted to do hair , but who wants to work UNDER someone else forever ? Honestly . I wanted the recognition to be on me , I wanted the reputation of being a good quality , trust-able salon . Some people don't want to put in the work or the extra school time to get the degrees to be the owner of their own business , or don't have the time , or can't afford the extra loan debt . I want to be the salon that they want a booth at , that they can feel comfortable working at , so they can start making the money to pay back the loans from their cosmetology degree , cause let me tell you , those degrees are not cheap !




I know a lady right now currently enrolled in Marinello school of beauty . This is a private school , which means no state funding . No Cal Grant , No Pell Grant , No SEOG ... Only loans . That's $32,000 ! Here's the kicker though ! This loan occurs interest over the span of time they have you pay it back in . They normally put you on a 10 year pay back plan , which means if you have a really good loan , it has a 3.5% interest rate , by the time you get to ten years you have payed back $112,000 .
So I completely understand not wanting to go to another school afterwards and occur more debt . However , I am passionate and driven . I will stop at nothing to make this happen for me , and once it does I will be able to hire others who just wanna do hair , not have to bother with business and accounting .
I have gained so much knowledge about hair over the years , and I have done so much with hair . I am happy to give someone a new look that highlights their features and makes them more confident . To me it's not about the pay check . I mean yeah , some salons make bank , but to me the real payment is seeing the look on a clients face when they fall in love with their hair . That's the look I want to see everyday of my life , and know that I made it happen , it's the most amazing feeling in the world <3
Hair can be expensive , it can be hair to manage , it can be a lot of things and propose many of problems . That's where people like myself come in . Yes I know I am only 15 , but you're never too young to be good at what you do . Sometimes with hair , it just needs direction , or color , or a new style . Sometimes thick hair just needs to be thinned , sometimes frizzy hair needs a special treatment , or split ends removed . Things people don't think of that a hair dresser would just envision . That's what I do (: I hope to one day see my blog readers at my salon , I may even give you a discount if you show me this post in the future (;
-Elle
P.S. in this blog post is pictures of work I have done on friends and family , these are not pictures off of Google , and I will link you to my Facebook page for proof .

No comments:

Post a Comment